Consolidated Training Requirements for 2019
These courses are required by both the Commonwealth of Virginia, as well as Prince William County. You only need to take the course once for each major number. Upon completion of any of these courses, please send a copy of the certificate to the Emergency Coordinator for the files. Additional course may be added as available or required. If you find a bad/changed link, please forward the information to the EC.
Along with the FEMA and County training below, each ARES member is expected to attend at least three training sessions per year. Approved training sessions appear on the calendar of events. Additional training may be approved by the Emergency Coordinator.
- IS–700.B National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- IS–100.C Incident Command System
- IS–200.B ICS for Single Resource and Initial Action Incidents
- IS–800.C National Response Framework
- IS–706 NIMS Intrastate Mutual Aid - An Introduction
- IS–546.A Continuity of Operations Awareness Course
- EOC–101 Operation in the PWC EOC. Classroom based. Date to be announced
- G–191 Incident Command System/Emergency Operations Center Interface. Classroom based.
- G–775 EOC Management and Operations. Classroom based.
- IS–702.A National Incident Management System (NIMS) Public Information Systems
- IS–703.A NIMS Resource Management
- IS–120.C An Introduction to Exercises
- IS–230.D Fundamentals of Emergency Management
- G–300 Intermediate Incident Command System for Expanding Incidents. Classroom based.
- G–400 Advanced Incident Command System. Classroom based.